- This event was hosted by NTU’s Career & Attachment Office (CAO) in partnership with BlackStorm Consulting and Xprenia
- Armfort was cordially invited to mentor students from National Technological University (NTU) on Sociopreneurship
February 2, 2021: Xprenia, BlackStorm Consulting and Armfort were cordially invited by Nanyang Technological University to participate in a workshop for the Sociopreneur Challenge 2021. As part of the university’s “Entrepreneurship for Good” initiative to promote enterprises that advance meaningful causes, the Sociopreneur Campaign is launched with the aim to help students to develop solutions addressing social, cultural, environmental issues while teaching them to structure a viable business proposal to make it happen.
This week, students were taught how to craft their Go-To-Market (GTM) plan that also acts as a guide for students to prepare for their two weeks of project execution to participate in the challenge. Content covered included:
- Understanding the various levels of stakeholders that influence the buying decision
- Crafting of the value matrix
- Mapping out the customer journey
- Crafting your sales funnel
- Identifying the possible channels for marketing and branding
Students also participated in the “Entrepreneur sharing: Building your business structure” exercise, where they were asked the following questions:
- If you were given USD 1 million, what kind of business will you run to earn another USD 1 million profit?
- If you were not given USD 1 million, what kind of business will you run to earn another USD 1 million profit?
A student was sharing his idea
Mr Trex Lim, Co-Founder of Armfort was sharing his opinion
As part of NTU’s “Entrepreneurship For Good” campaign, NTU has also led various other initiatives, such as the CoLab4Good Fund for Social Enterprises and Enactus NTU, to educate and finance entrepreneurial students who seek to come up with viable businesses while championing social causes.
Armfort (http://armfort.com/) is a security management solution company whose mission is to support security agencies and facility managers with cutting-edge technology. With user-friendly interfaces and good customer support, Armfort’s cloud-based patrolling system enables both agencies and building owners to efficiently manage their facilities, easily monitor their security officers, and save both security cost and time.
Xprenia (https://www.xprenia.com) is a one-stop e-learning platform that presents practical experience and materials from various industrial experts with the aim to provide real-life case studies, insights, and know-how for easy application to all entrepreneurs. Our vision is to create an entrepreneurial ecosystem that promotes professional learning and be your one-stop business solution partner in Asia-Pacific.
About BlackStorm Consulting
BlackStorm Consulting (http://blackstormco.asia/) is a Singapore-based boutique growth consultancy firm that specialises in corporate strategy, profit management and investment management. We scale businesses in Southeast Asia.
Our clients and connections are internationally present and range from small and medium sized businesses, MNCs, to government agencies.